View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM

You're welcome. You realy must make an appt with your OBGYN, espec if you have issues going off the pill.

re the grabber...I have no idea what brand. My dad had one from his hip surgery that he says is called the "golden retriever" It's more sturdy than the one we bought for my surgery. Mine broke but his is holding up great.

Discharge is a complete unknown so having someone on call is best. I had surgery on Mon. On Wed my dr said I wouldn't be discharged till the following Mon, and I couldn't fathom being discharged. But a nurse commented how I would be discharged Thurs? I panicked. Thurs I was just starting to move on and off the comode and going into the bath room. Thurs night and Friday day I made a big jump forward in progress. ON Fri the dr told me I'd be discharged on Sat. But I was getting really antsy and sick of my nurses so I asked to be discharged. They never told me "yes" so a few hours later I asked what the status was...only to find out it was approved, they were waiting for my ride to arrive!!! But I was waiting for them to say yes before calling my ride!! ARGH.

Since PT and OT wont let you stand and walk around without non stick socks, I'd either bring your own non-stick larger socks OR bring slip on shoes with a good rubber bottom.

On the shoe issue, my left sciatic was so strong that I couldn't wear my regular size slip on tennis shoes. The heel of my shoe dug into my sciatic making the pain unbearable. so I bought a pair of the same shoes a size larger, which I am still using. An easy fix is buying rubber soled slippers with no back.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop