View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM

1) What was the BEST thing that happened to you during your spinal ordeal? I learnt patience, to put myself first (we;; higher on my list), and not being afraid to ask for help. Also, made me truly appreciate how great my employer is

2) What was the WORST thing that happened during your spinal ordeal? My injury wasnt self limiting and didnt get better with conservative care

3) What did you find was the MOST helpful in your recovery? An amazingly supportive employer and work colleauges, access to a worldclass onsite fitness/rehab facility, my personal trainer, my osteopath, and ACC (paid for everything so far)

4) What was the LEAST helpful in your recovery?

5) Is there anything you wish you did or wish you were able to do before surgery that would have made life easier during recovery? I am awaiting surgery in May however i am trying to stay as fit and strong as possible

Nice post
L4/5, L5/S1 disc prolapses post wakeboarding accident Oct 06 (grade 5 and grade 4 annular disruption, repectively). 2X epidural steroid injections, lots of drugs and conservative treatment, positive discogram. Surgery May 08 (L4/5 A-Mav disc replacement and L5/S1 ALIF)