View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Scary View Post
-what classifies as an extreme activity?
motorcycle riding, horse back, soccer, raquetball, golf, are/were the norm before 3-4 years ago when the back went south.
Motorcycle riding - beats me, I have no standard to measure against
Horseback riding - one of the early trial participants in the Charite trials went back to rodeo riding
Soccer, raquetball, and golf - more likely to hurt something other than your disk,

We've had people on ADR Support and off the board get in motor vehicle accidents without ejecting the disk spacer. Unless you particpate in these sports at a much higher level than what is normal, there's probably at least one person on the board who at least does the same level of whatever you do.

Really, the deciding factor will be how well you recover from either surgery rather than the likelihood of disk ejection. I think there's been a case ejection mentioned during Maverick's smear campaign against the Prodisc and Charite but it was shown to be due to a badly misplaced ADR in the first place but even that is pretty tenuous in my memory. I don't remember any recent discussion of disk ejection. Poor placement is the more likely risk and there's only the selection of the best surgeon available to you to control that risk.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog