View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:12 AM

Default Still trying to decide

Well I have been to all 3 neuros here in my town. Looks like a posterior approach framinotomy to remove bone around the spur is what they offer. I have moderate stenosis and numbness in shoulder. C3 & C4 is the problem area. Recently it has been feeling really weird with some auditory sounds in my head. Swimming is getting worse and looks like I have to make a decision. Dr. Regan (Los Angeles) will do the framinotomy(?) but highly recommended prodisc-c ADR. I have Aetna insurance.

I am 5 months out from a PE and can go off my blood thinners. I also am scheduled for a ulner nerve release surgery this next week. I was just wondering the wisdom of doing my neck first or the elbow? The elbow isn't painful but can get numb when I sleep on it. My general MD wants me to wait on the neck and do the ulner first but with these neck/head symptoms I am wondering what you all might suggest?
And...

WHich procedure would you rather have ADR or framinotomy? If there ae any negative outcomes or side effects from framinotomy please let me know.

Here's wishing us all a healthy healing New Year!
Mike