View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Default Intro and hello from CT

Hello from Connecticut,

I wanted to introduce myself. I have been checking the posts for a while and could not help notice how many of us have the same story. Aside from all the the surveys and requests for information, can we better understand eachothers tolerances for pain? I am currently working. I'm am 6'4" and I weight approx. 225lbs. I cannot play with my kids and work in the yard. I work in an office so there is no lifting involved for my job. Biggest problem is sitting too long.

Constant leg pain with spasms. Lower back is always in pain.

I try to power thru the pain in short bursts. 30 minute task like cleaning the garage or the basement usually requires a 15-20 min rest in bed.

I was wondering if there are any excercises we can do to help our other body parts to help compensate for the weakness in our backs?

From what I understand we cannot hurt ourselves more. The pain is already going to be with us. So can we get some longterm relief in another way?

I also wonder about helping the recovery after surgery. I difinitely recevered better from the first surgery than the second. I attribute this to my physical strenght.

Appreciate all the help,

Tom

Hermiated discs L4/L5 & L5/S1 Aug. 2007
Reoccurrence in L4/L5 Oct 2007
DDD Dec. 2008
Dec 2008-Positive Discogram (L4/L5 & L5/S1 annular tears)
Dr. Yue at Yale Hospital, CT
Diagnosis - Need bi-level ProDisc ADR. Worker Comp Ins will only pay for one level.