View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Smile Welcome

Rachel, thanks for finding us in the midst of your troubles. I hope we can provide the support that you need to support your path to wellness.

TConner offers so many nuggets of wisdom. I think all his points are better said than I could articulate, but this was particularly salient to me:

Coordinating all of these and then interpreting the total picture is important, as any one test taken alone could lead to an ineffective treatment course.”

This burden has historically rested on the patient’s tired shoulders. And that is just not right for someone that has a tired spine! That said, if you have an arthritic spine – at multiple levels – that could and probably should be a serious consideration to NOT have artificial disc replacement. But arthritis as different levels of the spine is very tricky; so please do have consultations with different arthroplasty spine surgeons. It may also be wise to consult with spine docs who are “anti – ADR” to gain some insights from their perspective as well. In the meantime, please visit this topic and read it carefully: ADR Risks, Complications, Disqualifications.

Can you elaborate on all the doctors’ visits you’ve had? What explanation do they have about the foot pain?

“…Many of the doctors that i have seen say this is unrelated, a few have acknowledged that this would be related to the back…”

When you can, please insert a short signature line…thanks.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate