View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 PM

Smile Thanks for the input

Thank you TConner and Harrison for responding to my post. I have never gotten involved with any posts, but always enjoy reading them, and so I have decided to give this one a try since this is such an important decision. TConner, regarding you questions:

Do your MRI's and other imaging studies indicate abnormalities only at the L4-L5 level, or are there other abnormalities? Basically just at the L4-L5 levels. I did demand an MRI for the mid-back with was done in mid January, and that one did show the DDD at the T level.

You had a discogram; what were the exact results? WOW, exact results...well, the dr that did the discogram told me that the test was conclusive that the pain is definitely coming from the L4-L5 disc, but as far as seeing an actual detailed report, I have not as of yet. I have Kaiser insurance and they are not always great about providing you with detailed reports.

And finally, have you had facet injections or SI joint injections? No, does that sound like something thaat may be helpful for me? No one has ever mentioned these to me as I have been going through treatment.

Have you tried a TENS unit at all? No., again, this has never been presented to me as an option. What dr of the several do I discuss this with? GP, Pain Mgmt (he is the one that has some the epidural injections and discogram, but does not manage my pain meds), or pain rehab (this is the dr that WAS managing my pain meds until I got too frustrated with him, and now I am going back to my GP for pain med mgmt as I love her)

Have you spoken to a surgeon who has experience in ADR? Yes, I had a consultation with the Ortho Spine Surgeon last week. He is the one that laid out my wonderful options of live with it or surgery.

I just don't know what to do...I cannot live with this pain for the rest of my life, but while the surgery sound promising, it is a scary proposition as well. That is why I have decided to post to this board for some experienced advise!