View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Hi Tom!

Where is Dr. Wikesekera located? Is he at Yale too? If not, what town(s) is his office in and do you know what hospital(s) he is affiliated with?

I was involved in a car accident on March 2nd after I had started this thread originally, and my pain has nearly doubled! I saw Dr. Yue on April 1st, only so that I could struggle with his office staff to finally get another MRI scheduled for this Thursday, April 23rd. Without going into the boring details, the main reason for the delay is that he was once again off jet-setting around the world and had not correctly filled in my MRI request paperwork! Grrrrr!

I cannot help but worry that this sort of treatment could carry on post-surgically if I am able to push for a hybrid surgery and get my med ins to pay for it. I was looking into another surgeon out of Hartford, CT named Dr. Becker and the soonest I could see him is July as well.

I guess after so much time spent with Dr. Yue I need to at least see if I can get an appointment to review this new MRI and listen to what he has to say, as well as ask my new questions.....

I am going to try acupuncture for the first time tonight. Yes - I will try just about anything to get some relief! Since we last corresponded I have had to begin wearing a back-brace and occasionally even using a cane! I can't even swim anymore.

Good luck to you!
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....