View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 AM

Default Thank You

Thank you Rich, Alison, Jill, Mike and my pal Liz for your kind words.

No matter how much we know what's coming when a loved one's nearing the end, it still hits us like a ton of bricks.
My little Milo was ailing for quite some time but as he was being kept comfortable with his heart meds I fooled myself into thinking he had time still. After all, he insisted on his daily walk (and carry) till the end.

This morning he has been cremated and I had to tell them what is to go on his plaque. The lady on the phone was so very kind to me as I sobbed out the words. Im glad he has caring people seeing to him.

I found a wonderful website and forum for those who have a lost a pet. It's comforting and a little scary to know there are others who actually love their animals so deeply and unconditionally as me.

So for now I just let the pain wash over me, and cry till the tears don't come anymore. It will take as long as it takes. Eventually I will heal, but I will never forget, as that part of me will always be missing.
Cathy

P.S. MIke best wishes for your surgery this week. Don;t be too disappointed with your fusion over ADR...others with them have managed just fine.
Maverick L4/5 Fusion L3/4
July 3 2006

Dynesys Stabilisation L4/5
Lt & Rt Facet Removal +Non-Bone Fusion L5/S1
May 26 2008