View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Default Post surgical update (Sleeping problems)

Morning all, I am six days post op and I think I am doing ok. Having a real hard time sleeping at night, staying semi comfortable. I am taking 2 Roxicet 5/325 every 4 hours and have a 50 mg fentenol patch on. The three hour ride home was a killer. While leaving the hospital my nurse put my wheel chair in the crack of the elevator and the floor and instead of pulling me out of it slowly he lifted the front up about 3 inches and pushed. When the back wheels caught the crack the front hit the floor, it was so painful. He kept offering to get me a morphine shot and I kept telling him to leave me alone!! On the drive home someone lost a sheet of drywall on the road and my wife had to hit the brakes and swerve to avoid hitting all of it, I didn't realize the G forces involved.

Made it home on Tuesday night and just trying to get adjusted. I think the trip home set me back a few days in recovery.

Any tips on sleeping problems?

The surgeons went in anterior with a "bikini cut" just below my belly button. Removed and cleaned up L5-S1 disc. Placed Charite disc and reset my insides. (not a technical term) Incision is approximately 6 inches long. This is the first time the surgeon used the bikini cut for this procedure. He was very pleased with the outcome of the surgery and so far I am too. I have a post op appointment in two weeks, another drive to Reno!