View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Hi,

You mentioned that you only have the leg pain. I was suggested by my 2nd opinion to get a Microdiscectomy. At most it maybe a one night stay and its aimed to fix leg pain. They go in and take out the part of the disc that is pressing on the nerve that is causing the leg pain. Here is a link that will explain more.

http://www.spine-health.com/treatmen...-spine-surgery

This personally wouldn't work for me. I'm not convinced this is a permanent fix but it should buy you some time to research more and get you threw your residency.

I only know what you've posted but if I were you I wouldn't jump into getting a ADR. I've known for a year that I need a 2 level ADR @ L3-4; L4-5 and I am still researching my A$$ off. Even if you have the ADR surgery the recovery process from what I have been told is 6 months to a year and you have to take it very slow and listen to your body. Either way if you get it now or later it doesn't change the recovery process.

I've had A LOT of time to think about this surgery and for me I hope it will be the final step of the last 4 yrs of pain and the 1st to the rest of my life. I do not take it lightly and I am also in a time crunch. My trial is in June and I have to figure out what I want to do and get it done ASAP. At the same time I am not going to let that rush me into something that will land me in over my head.

Sorry if any of this comes off harsh or bold. I'm just being honest based off what I've learned and know 1st hand.

I wish you the best of luck
L3-4 Lrg herniation R leg pain, L leg numbness sometimes they switch it up. weakness both, tingling
L4-5 DDD w/sml herniation,loss height.
Injections
Discogram Pos L4-5
IDET L4-5 / PT
1st EMG pos.
Current MRI, X-Ray not much changed
2nd EMG Pos
12/08 possible 2 level ProDisc ADR
08-current Lost 75lbs
More PT/ Acupuncture.Currently PT @ home 3-4xs a wk. Light cardio using elliptical
2 level ADR on 4/20 been a bumpy road.