View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Tierney,

Thx for your kind words. It is tough to find answers to these complicated questions, that's why this community was started six years ago -- to provide support!

I did a quick search, using "discectomy" in the search bar, title only. Here's a few past topics that may address part of your concern -- just click here to find fourteen of them.

I would also focus on the condition of your spinal disc. E.g., how much disc height have you lost? How bad is the herniation? How long has is been unhealthy? This is just my 2 cents, but if it's very unhealthy, it may not be a long-term fix.

Another concern is that this surgery would possible create scar tissue, which by itself can cause problems down the road. Then the attendant question is, well, what type of procedures and tools within MIS will minimize that risk?

As you can see, there's a lot to learn and it never ends. Maybe that's why some patients find the ADR option more attractive; but ultimately it is a very personal decision. Keep doing your homework and you'll get there.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate