View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Default Cervical ADR - Insurance and Costs in Omaha area

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I am a 51 year old male, physically fit and in generally good health except for my neck. After initially being told by Cigna that cervical ADR would be covered, my doctor received a pre-certification decline letter on the grounds that single level ADR (C6/C7) was still experimental. I am, however, also covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska. I was curious if anyone had experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska? In the event BCBS Nebraska also declines, does anyone have any current out of pocket cost data on this procedure (in Midwest / Nebraska)?

Also, I was given the option of fusing C5 - C7 because if was felt that fusing just C6 and C7 would wear out the C5/C6 disc fairly quickly. I am fearful of spinal fusion, because it seems to do more damage than good. Am I incorrect is saying this regarding cervical fusion procedures?

I have been dealing with stabbing shoulder and left arm pain when I tilt my neck back, and numbness down to my fingers. This started in 2007, when I was misdiagnosed as "tennis elbow". After going through two rounds of physical therapy and traction, I want to get something done. I don't want to go to Germany either.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Fred

Two factors offsetting the out of pocket expenses would be increased medical itemized deductions and savings when I drop one of my insurance policies.

Last edited by Fred_2010; 06-26-2010 at 02:28 PM.