View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Default Bed choices and cheap solution

Everyone has different choices as to what is a comfortable sleep situation. Years ago I purchased an 8" thick piece of foam (Before tempurpedics came out) It was pretty comfortable. I liked it but hubby was not thrilled. We had it in a Water bed frame. Then we got a conventional mattress and it was fairly firm. He liked it but I did not... The foam mattress became our guest room mattress and was put on a regular box spring with a piece of plywood under it. My mother said it was the most comfortable mattress she had ever slept on. The foam does break down after a while so it is gone now.

We have since gotten an pillow top mattress it is about 5 yrs. old and too firm for my taste so what I had done before surgery about 2 yrs. ago was to get a memory foam topper (at Costco) That works great for me and I have tried taking it off and have now put it back on the mattress. The problem is my husband did not like it on his side. So, solution was I cut the thing in half and only have the memory foam on my side of the bed. We do need a new mattress but for now this is a good less expensive solution.
L5 S1 Partially sacralized
97' epidural injections
L3 L4 ruptured and torn
L4 L5 Almost no disk height left along with osteophytes
Left leg pain and tingling going down back of leg into heel & foot
3 appeals with BCBS no success Lost insurance.
Kaiser Permanente
L3-L4, L4-L5 Prodisc 9/18/09
C5-6 & C6-7 ruptured and looking at hybrid surgery fusion & Prestige ADR