View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 AM

Default What to do when you can not get a referal too a neurosurgeon for ADR in Ontario.

I have had a fruitless adventure of trying to get my family dr to referal me too a neurosurgeon in ontario.Through my own investigations i discovered about dr bertagnoli in germany and sent all my medical information and he gave me the bad news for a single level ADR .Worse news was the bill $33,000. I got a second referal through placidway to a dr in korea it was less than half at $16,000.But getting finacing when your recently bankrupt is impossible.You can try medicard they will finance up to $17,000.Anyhow scraching my last brain cell, how am i gonna get a refferal to a neurosurgeon in ontario .How do you circumvent your family dr to get a referal.This is what i did!I found a neurosurgeon in london Ontario who does Artificial disc replacement.I went to a london ontario area hospital emergency and complained of certian ailments (Not Pain as pain is subjective and you will just get sent back too your family dr.)Kind of embarrising so i wont say what the ailment was.I was told in emerg that i have no neurological signs and the next dr after a neurologist was a neurosurgeon and if i wanted to see a neurosurgeon they could make the referal for me.Got the letter in the mail 2 days latter but i still have to wait 5 months too see him.So i wait! Sneaky yes!But you have too do what you have to do right!