Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM

I started having problems back in 2006 with neck, shoulder, upper back and arm pain. Every doctor I would go to would say I had a sprain/strain neck and back. I was never given any mri or xray because work comp didn't want to up out the pocket. I knew the symptoms I was having was more than just sprain/strain. So finally after 2 yrs of pain. I paid out of pocket for an MRI and it was confirm I had a central and left paracentral broad-based disk protrusion, indenting the left side of teh thecal sac with mild to moderate marrowing of teh central canal on the left side as well as the left neural foramina at c5-c6 and mild facet arthiritis at c4-c5 causing lateral recess stenosis.

I have had 2 surgeons recommend surgery 1 in person and the other by review of medical records/films. What concern me is the 1 surgeon I seen in person could not answers all my questions that concern me for example How bad is my condition. I don't understand what all the medical terminology means. I have been able to manage and relieve some pain if I don't perform the duties that cause the pain for example sitting for long periods of time or doing repetitive movement of my arms. Its hard not do when most duties and jobs require that.

I havent been able to find any info on the surgeon who wants to do the procedure. He did say he has not done alot because most insurance don't cover it but as far as givng me a number he did he not. I just don't want to make a decision I will reqret yet at the same time it would be nice to relieve most of my pain if it would work.

Sorry to rumble I just don't know where else to go. I also have work comp on the other hand wondering why I have not had the surgery yet. Although it has been approve I dont know if they will continue to wait till I make up my mind. After all this is a claim from 2006 with no resolution.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated