View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 AM

Harrison,

I have been fighting back pain for 19 years. About 12 years ago my family doc found I had the HLA-B27 genetic marker and sent me to a Rhuematalogist. He treated me for 10 years for AS, but things just didn't add up. I would meet other people with AS and they would continuely say they didn't believe I had it. My PT didn't see it either. I ended up at the Cleveland Clinic and was told I did not have AS. This was supported by many blood tests and spinal x-rays.

The Rhuemy at Cleveland showed me and my wife the x-rays and noted how clean my spine was. I was told I did have a problem at L4-L5, L5-S1. That is how I ended up looking at ADRs, my nuerosurgeon doesn't do them but thought I was the perfect candidate for them and encouraged me to follow the ADR path. I would suspect AS in a contraindication because the inflamation throughout the spine creates a stiff spine that eventually self fuses.

Bogiewan
Did mri to verify DDD L4-L5 and herniations at L5-S1, C6-C7, T2-T3, & T3-T4 numerous Schmorl’s nodes in Thoracic
Fusion of C6-C7 Oct 2010
Current – Trying for hybrid of Fusion at L4-L5 with Prodisc L5-S1 BCBS Anthem Denied!
Aetna Approved!!!!!