View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 PM

Default Hi - 3 Level Cervical Issues

Hi all,

This appears to be a great forum and has a lot of information. As you can see from my signature below I have several issues that all have hit me in the last 7 months. It has been a lot to take in and I have not handled it all that well at times. My life was great before. Each day has been an effort since.

Anyway, since jumping head first into the bottom of a thick restaurant playground slide 7 months ago I have had weakness in my legs due to bruising my spine according to my neurosurgeon. I have seen two surgeons so far. Both have told me that I'm looking at 3 level fusion at some point in my future. The first one told me to come back in 2 years as I don't need surgery just yet. The 2nd one told me I am at risk until I have the surgery. The 2nd one also hit me with the atlantoaxial subluxation after my 6 month MRI, but did not seem too concerned about it.

I am visiting a 3rd surgeon at TBI in Dallas this week just to get one more opinion and to ask about ADR and the rh-gdf5 that they have been investigating. Looking forward I have thought about possibly going to Dr. Clavel in Barcelona for the M6 but I have not investigated that route as of yet. Like everyone, I've also wondered if I could hold out until stem cells become a viable option, which leads me to the question; if they work for the back, will they work for the neck and will we have to wait until they get approved for the neck?

Sorry for the long post. I have plenty of questions but will hold off for now. Thanks everyone.

C1/2 Atlantoaxial subluxation
C3/6 Congenital spinal stenosis
C3/4 Bulging disc
C4/5 Herniated disc
C5/6 Herniated disc

No surgeries or efforts at relief other than PT so far.