Thread: Hello Hello!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Hello! Just some of my quick thoughts....

Making the decision: Family thought I was crazy to leave the country. Husband thought a new boat would be better use of the money. They all came around rather quickly when they saw I was serious and without much other option (other than a 2-3 level fusion in the states). I came to the firm decision that it was time when I was having daily sciatic pain, and it was getting worse. In my case, there was so much deterioration, there was no choice but to fuse or replace discs.

It feels odd and a little frightening to leave the US for care, but this group is the right place for answering questions if that's what you decide to do! I counted on this website completely for about 1 and 1/2 years for information and support. I got many many personal messages before, the day of my surgery and all the days surrounding it. I try to log on once in awhile and offer advice, but I honestly don't think about my spine much anymore. What a blessing after an all-consuming topic for many years!

Now - so grateful my insurance company was unwilling to budge back then. I wouldn't have the superior hardware I do if they had decided to pay. Major silver lining. Major loan repayment to my parents too, but so worth it! I tell people I'm wearing my Porsche, not driving it.

Would be happy to answer any questions in private messages too, as I'm not on the forum much. Feel free to browse my blog for the research, surgery (including photos) and recovery process.

Best wishes for finding a path to a better 2013 and beyond.
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/