View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
That is what I was going to say. Also, there have been major problems with the actual hospital facility itself. Bad infections, strains of viruses, etc.

After I read all those stories - no thank you! I am SO not taking that chance.

I very much liked all my interactions with the docs I mentioned (though I never had a contact with Dr. Pimenta, I have never heard a bad thing about him). I would feel comfortable with any of them cutting me open, based on the interactions I had. I went with Dr. Clavel for the main reason that I need six levels done, and he seemed to have the experience that best fit my personal needs (as in, he has done cervical and lumbar at the same time before).

I actually felt BAD telling Dr. Dare and the folks over at AIMIS that I was going with Dr. Clavel because I liked them all as PEOPLE (which is not an experience I have with most docs), so I think that says a lot.

Also, it was my understanding you could not undo a fusion? So you should get a second (and third) opinion. If Dr. Clavel, Dr. Pimenta, and Dr. Dare say they can't do it, I would reckon no one can.
NJ Gene, like the others stated, there are some true horror stories associated with Ritter-Lang and Stenum!! That being said, I whole-heartedly endorse going to Europe for a surgery. I went to Cyprus, through AIMIS and had a fantastic experience. I still get choked up about how wonderful it was, and it has been almost a year since my surgery. The nice thing about AIMIS is once you come home, you are still following up with a local surgeon to do your after care. Meals and lodging (for you and a travel companion) at a 5 star spa/hotel are also included with your surgery "package." All you have to do is get your passport out, pack your suitcase, and fly over. Once you get off the plane, you are taken care of by AIMIS. They offer a free MRI review. AIMIS Spine | American Institute of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

It was scary for me, because everyone thought I was crazy to leave the States for medical care, but I knew in my gut it was the right thing to do. Feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to talk with you about my experience. I'm also available for Skyping if typing bothers your hands. I had the same issues, but with my left arm. Let me know if I can be of any help.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.