View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM

Default Regarding use of M6 in cyprus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
Per Claire they do not use the M6 in Cyprus. The main reason it is cheaper is because they have a deal with the manufacturers. If you want that device you would be looking at paying about 6.5 grand PER device in order to use it, so it works out to be cheaper to go to Barcelona, which was another main factor in my going with Dr. Clavel. There is no way I would do a three level with zero shock absorption either, which is why I went the way I did.

The overall cost for Cyprus is significantly cheaper, but the trade off is no shock absorption. One level I would be okay with, POSSIBLY two, but three? No way.
Firstly, I want to thank everyone on this site who advised me to stay away from Stenum. I contacted Sue and cancelled my surgery there this morning. I want to especially thank TPatti and Newleaseonlife who advised me to look into AIMIS. I have some good news. I spoke to Claire this morning. They now offer the M6!! They also offer the Baguera C which I am told is similar to the M6 in that it also acts like a shock absorber. I haven't wasted any time. I already sent all my documentation to AIMIS and hope to hear back from them within a week. What is also nice is that they have an in-network surgeon who lives 90 minutes from me at home. He does not have to be the surgeon who operates on me. They all work together as a team, especially when it comes to follow-up care. On a final note, I haven't ruled out Dr. Clavel. I believe that Medical Tourism is sending my info to him. I specifically requested the M6, and they indicated they would be forwarding it to a surgeon in Spain.
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C