View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Im Robert easy enough. Im 29, married with two kids under 4.
March of 2012 diagnosed with herniated disk L5-S1 to the left side.
2 injections pain free.
July 7 hurt the same disk again. I was getting better with time until the PT decided to rip me in half almost. I don't remember what the procedure was but could barley move afterward. And I have been on a downward spiral.
Spine surgeon at Indy Spine Group wants to do fusion but I have to loose +80 pounds first. I was a truck driver and obviously gained weight. I am working on loosing weight, just hard when you can barley walk a block.
I am seriously looking into ADR done by Dr. Ritter-Lang in Germany. I am getting my stuff together to send over to him to look at. My spine doc doesn't think its a good idea. In fact stated that ADR was not approved in the U.S. for Lumbar. I really just don't know which way to go. If I go ADR I will probably loose my job due to being released MMI. I don't and am not planning on going back to driving, just tired of missing my family, but my family needs health insurance. Both kids were born early one 9 weeks the other 4 weeks so they catch everything.
MNI?

I only skimmed the other responses, but suffice to say I agree with everyone else. I wouldn't even send the SOB who put me in this position in the first place to Ritter-Lang or Stenum to be operated on. I don't hate anyone that much.

The fact that your doctor seems to believe lumbar ADR is not approved yet, you should run the other direction because this man clearly has NO clue what he is talking about. If he isn't keeping up with the FDA guidelines, what else is he not keeping up with?!?!

I want to respond more later when it is not so late and when my carpel tunnel is not so flared up I can barely type.

Welcome. You are in good hands here. This is a wonderful community or amazing people.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.