View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 AM

Hi Mike,
I'll reiterate what everyone is saying; that everyone and every DR is different! I had an L5-S1 ADR.

I'm on my 7th day after surgery as I type this. I had one pretty bad pain day, and that was day 6. Most of the pain was in my leg. The days prior weren't too bad; then again, I was on pain pills :-) Incision site was more painful than my back was. I've only taken one dose of pain pills today (day 7), and I'm feeling pretty good. Pain level is low and I'm able to walk around for quite awhile and roam about the house. Did Lego's with the kids etc.

My DR, on the other hand, is quite different than any of the Dr's I've been reading about on this site. He told me on my release day at the hospital (one night stay), to avoid bending, twisting, and lifting over 30lbs. Shocked the heck out of me (30lbs), but I'm choosing on my OWN to not lift 30lbs because I know if I start, I'll begin pushing myselft too far/too fast. But to be honest, I feel like I could pick up my toddlers with no issues. But I won't for a few weeks :-)

Good luck to you!
Gina
2016 Spinal Stim removal due to MRSA infection in spine
2016 Spinal Stim re- implant
Current osteoarthritis L2-S1
Osteoarthritis SI Joints
DDD L2-L4