View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM

Hello there again Krossi201, yes I certainly did meet Dr. Carl Lauryssen in person and he interviewed me in full and did a quite thorough physical examination. He is not absolutely offended at all with seeing other surgeons outside the US. I don't want to make a private conversation public but he did say that he is not a litigious person however he feels people should have the best disc possible and if he were to have an Opportunity to take U.S. insurance companies to court because of all the ADR fuss and non-repayment he would! I said sign me up and put me on the list LOL.
He knew time was of the essence in relationship to my ADR/pain and stated he would have me on a running list to be the first batch of disc replacements in Dubai sometime in July or later. After I contacted his team they were not sure when exactly everything will be finalized so I told them I would go with an international Doctor. Even at that point he was helping me by getting the necessary CT scans and imaging to have it done overseas.. so he is totally on your side. Anyone would be lucky to have surgery by him.
I agree that the freedom disc has a mix of polymers in there and possibly silicone. Yes I agree with you that the junction of titanium and polymers is not supported by anything else. I will take my chances with the small residual debris release hoping the M6 L-sheath will hold it in place. There is a link with all the testing of M6L on another post.. if you have not seen it let me know and I will send it to you. There is a video on YouTube of the freedom disc, Just type in the name and you will see them testing it at the extreme angles.

The cost in total for my surgery and discogram (under sedation) not including flight and hotel will run approximately USD $37,000 at the time due to the conversion of the pound and dollar. That is for 1 level lumbar.

Apologize for the spelling errors, I am using Siri on my iPad
Thank you for your posts. They do really help. I'm grateful to this forum Altogether!
11/2012- Biostat Fibrin Sealant inj by Dr. Davis-helped 30% with sitting.
12/2012- Consult with Dr. Lauryssen, Neurosurgeon (Best U.S. spine doc) in L.A.
5/2013 M6-L ADR at L5-S1 with Dr. David Harrison in UK. Sitting pain almost gone, continued L Facet/sciatic issues. Slowly recovering
Afhstock@hotmail.com[/email]