View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Default Hello from London UK.

My signature says most of what I need to say. I am waiting to be seen at The Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital by a surgeon I saw named on this forum, which is why I joined.
Have been in pain for 6 years and the song is right, the drugs dont work.
My back goes in very severe spasm episodes which can last for hours and I know not even 30mgs of diazepam can stop. It will carry on ripping itself to bits regardless. The diagnosis of fibromyalgia goes a long way to explain the spasmodic episodes.
My hypermobility is classed as extreme... I can put my ankle behind my neck and have joints that dislocate freely so I am pretty well tired of being told to do core strengthening exercises because no amount of muscle will change the structure of my body. Its like a bag of spanners. When I sustained my original injury I was extremely muscular after 20 years in the social care sector and that did not do anything to prevent it and a very lengthy rehab program led to a plateau from which I have gradually declined.
I have been given differing opinions and prognoses regarding treatment of my spine problems and consider myself blessed to have a chance to be seen by the UKs finest...
I will read with interest others case histories and outcomes and hope to find some education in those for my own future choices and decisions.
Thank you.
sequestered fragment, 2 disc prolapses, right side impingement and encroachment of sciatic nerve (L2-3), left side impingement (L3-4) plus disc bulge at L4-5, large Schmorls nodules (T11-12), extreme hypermobility.... and a partridge in a pear tree.