View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have discussed this at length with Dr. Bertagnoli and Dr. Fenk-Mayer. Both the St. Elisabeth Klinikum in Straubing and Krieskrankenhaus in Bogen are "certified MRSA FREE".

Personally, I have always been impressed with the infection control within these two facilities from day one.

What it boils down to is, All operating personnel remain within the contained OR area. When the day is done, clothes and shoes are completely changed and only street clothes are worn outside of the OR area.

Combine that with exemplary sterlization techniques,as well as the overall hospital personnel being religious regarding cleaning rooms and equipment, all of that amounts to a low to zero infection rate of any kind and certainly not MRSA.

I have lived here for 15 months and its obviously clear this is not an antibiotic based society, they are used, of course, when needed, but not issued prophylatically as often as in the states.

Just my observations from Straubing.

Oh, and Alastair, seeing as how we are both sincerely partial for very good reasons, I personally have to differ on just which Dr. has done the most implantations. Just a playful rivalry intended.

Vielen Danke

Anita Peludat
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit