View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Default Anyone else having problems with STD or LTD

I started STD on March 5th with a 30 day waiting period. Started getting paid in April. Received my last check on July 20th because they claimed they needed additional information. The representative used to call me back but now is ignoring me. The last word I heard was that they paid outside physicians to review my case and she has the reports back and is reviewing it before making a determination. Was told she would call me back yesterday, she didn't.

LTD is reviewing my case since STD was suppose to end on August 30th. The representative called me and tried to make up a whole bunch of lies stating I didn't see a surgeon until after the 60 day waiting period. that is not true, I saw his PA when I was told I was seeing him on april 7th and demanded that I get another appointment to see the surgeon. The soonest I could see him was on May 5th. They claim it was after the 60 day window. Really? they also sent all my doctors forms but on the forms there was nothing noted about restrictions they wanted their notes. The representative said the notes were not satisfactory so now all my doctor's are updating their notes to include restrictions showing I can't sit at a desk all day. This is a disgrace. I have paid into STD and LTD for 10 years and this is the first time I filed. They are the devil in disguise. How can they go to sleep at night?
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy