View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
Thanks, Boris. How did you transfer funds?

I've been researching how currency exchange works. It really seems to be a bank scam. And I'm not using this word lightly. It appears that occasional travelers like us are routinely ripped off by banks. So, with a little searching, I found TransferWise. There are probably other similar companies. Has anyone here had experience with TransferWise? I haven't signed up yet, but probably will.
IF you think the 'exchange of money' is a scam or rip off Tom, you should try and book a flight on a plane around Christmas or Spring Break......airlines double and triple the price of a ticket for absolutely no valid reason......except to take advantage of people needing to travel in the season and time of year. "Oh great, it's gonna be really busy, let's gouge the crap out of the public since they can only travel now". Basically illegal in any other industry.

Do you homework and take advantage of the many, many ways to do it economically AND safely (part of what your paying for).