Thread: Optima - Denied
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:05 AM

I'm actually currently freaking out about this. My surgeon said he cleared the nerve exits on both sides during my surgery, but post-op I still have horrible radiculopathy in my right arm. He said he thinks it's from cord compression.

Last week I finally got out of my cervical collar and got back driving privileges, then ended up with a bunch of weird new symptoms. Surgeon ordered me back into the c-collar and to go get a new MRI ASAP...three days after I called to report the new symptoms.

Got the MRI yesterday, and he was supposed to review it today and call me...but never did (trust me, I called the office five times to try and make it happen).

However I did get the radiologist's report, and this is what I find:

pre-op MRI report for that level: C5-6: There is a broad-based disc extrusion eccentric to the left, resulting in spinal stenosis with cord compression. There is a moderate right neural foraminal stenosis secondary to uncovertebral joint arthropathy.

Post-op report: C5-6 intervertebral postoperative changes of ACDF. The spinal canal is widely patent. Right-sided uncovertebral spurring results in mild to moderate right neural foraminal narrowing. The left neural foramen is patent.

Tell me if I'm reading this wrong, but it looks like he did NOT remove the bone spur on my right nerve canal at all!!! And I still have horrible right arm pain plus all these new post op issues from the stupid ACDF and what turns out to be an oversized PEEK cage (you can actually see how big it is in my images).

The nightmare never ends and I don't know what to do :'(
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.