View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 07:31 PM

FutureRobot, Romakis, Fathub, and drewrad - thanks so much for your thoughts and suggestions, they are much appreciated. The L4-L5 is definitely the pain generator. The orthopedic surgeon I saw in conjunction with the x-rays and MRI being done last August pointed out to me the particular MRI views that showed my nerve root on the right side at L4-L5 being completely crushed, and stated that he disagreed with the MRI report (he thought it was a herniation and not a protrusion). He also said the disc should heal on it's own but suggested I get some epidural cortisone injections to bring down the pain and help the healing process. The 2 injections I got did nothing to relieve the pain, but after 3 or 4 weeks I did notice a steady reduction in pain over a 2 week period. I don't have the sciatic pain or foot drop syndrome anymore, but there is still some mild discomfort in my back and can't help wondering when things are going to get ugly again.

I will reach out to the doctors you recommend. Dr. Clavel seems to be very popular on this board, so he'd be my first choice if I end up going overseas.
Aug 2015 - X-Ray & MRI show DDD at L3/L4, L4/L5, and L5/S1, with severe herniation and loss of disc height at L4/L5.
Sept 2015 - Two epidural cortisone injections at L4/L5.
Apr 2019 - Updated x-rays & MRI show further deterioration of discs from L3-S1, with bone-on-bone at L4/L5.
June 2019 - Three level ADR scheduled