View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 AM

Oh, these are such excellent questions and I've thought of them a lot. I think it's possible but, proving it scientifically is very difficult. Not that we won't keep trying though because eventually perhaps we will be able to measure things we can't today. For example, we know that dogs can smell cancer but, we still can't create a machine to duplicate what they can do naturally. Science wants to be able to duplicate results and we can't do that with dogs hahahaha...doesn't make what they can do not true though.

The will to live and the will to die also impacts our health. I've seen it so many times but, how do you quantify the mind's impact on the body or meditation's impact on the body? At least we know that science can measure it's effect because that's been done. It's just not something we can put in a bottle.

I have dealt with DDD and spinal pain for my entire life but, the last 10 years have been about pain management just to get through the day. I've tried so many things to help improve my health. I had a severely pinched off spinal cord and remember the neurosurgeon who looked at my first MRI saying he didn't understand why I wasn't worse off. He said I was at high risk for paralysis. I was able to ski and exercise and live with it for many, many years. My body figured out how to work around it I guess. I do believe that a diet that is inflammatory welcomes disease but not eating meat and dairy (both cause inflammation in the body) didn't produce a predictable reduction in my pain. I've been mostly vegetarian my whole life so perhaps it did play a part at keeping the symptoms at bay! I'll never be able to prove it. I found that juiced ginger is very helpful at reducing headaches and pain. But, what about our bones and those damn osteophytes? I've read a lot about Silica in diatomaceous earth as well as organic sources. The literature says that as we age, our need for Silica increases but, we get less and less of it from our diet because of depletions in our the soil. Silica is abundant when we are young and a depletion of it is related to aging. We need calcium to make our bones strong but, if we can't assimilate it correctly then too much calcium will make our bones brittle. We need silica to assimilate calcium and the beauty of it is that it's supposed to change into calcium when the body needs it. All this is way above my understanding of science but, I pay attention to how various supplements react in my body. I have found that Silica reduces my pain and believe that it is giving my bones, skin, nails and organs something they need. I can see it's impact on my body externally so I like to believe that it's helping my spine too. We also know that discs dehydrate as we age and that's part of the problem. I drink plenty of alkaline water and hope that helps my spine too. Drewrad has some great suggestions too. In the end, every body is so unique that I think we have to experiment with what works for us.

Maybe we just need to acknowledge that the body has secrets we will never understand or be able to quantify. It's part of the woo woo world of magic. I have faith that my body wants to heal itself and be healthy. If I give it water, sun, silica, love, relaxation etc. ... it happily responds and tries to find it's way back to a state of balance and health. It has a memory of what health looks like but, sometimes it is just too broken by disease to fix itself. But, I will never give up giving it what it needs to do it's magic and when that's not enough....there are great doctors like Dr. Clavel. He is so much more than just a neurosurgeon. I think he has great intuition about the body too.

Well, I digressed but, I think the answer is yes. But, will it be good enough for science?
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016