View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheelyankee View Post
I'd rather hold off and deal with the consequences of Tramadol side-affects and be "mostly" pain free, then the multitude of issues that result after ADR surgery, especially in the lumbar area. Not to mention, the low percentage of patients who return to a normal life after single level. That is a controversial statement based on all the different studies and what one determines normal. I'll take a 75-80% quality of life now, rather than gamble on something a little higher post surgery.

Surgery is not an "if"... I know it has become a "when" for me. Maybe I can hold off until the next decade with 3-D printed customized prosthesis can be bought at Walgreens

Thank you for all your well documented views and thank you for sharing.

Jim
Jim, it is your call. Don't forget that pain medicine is just masking the issue. Also, your nerves can get permanent damage after a while. I lived with left leg sciatica for 2 years, and although now I am a year past my surgery, the slight leg pain is still there, although there is nothing to cause it anymore. It is most likely a permanent damage - I waited too long.