View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 12:19 PM

One thing to think about on the long haul flight from LA to Europe vs. a stop in NYC: It's pretty easy to find an option for a fold-flat seat on the long-haul flight direct from the west coast of the US to Europe. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and have used British Air, Delta and Condor to get from the west coast to Europe. More on that following the countering option.

If, on the other hand, you try to add a stop in NYC, you might find it hard to find a fold-flat seat crossing the US. First class, reclining but not fold-flat, seats are the common offering.

On the thought of airlines: I don't know what you like in a airline seat. I don't sleep on planes so my needs are modest. That said, I really didn't find a major difference meeting my desires between the highest and middle class on British Air, Delta One (highest class) and Condor. Yes, the service, seat, and food was different but nothing that really impacted my ability to have a good flight. It's something to think about when you look for airlines to check into.

Really, the only one I'd argue against is Icelandair. They don't offer fold flat seats and have difficulties in dealing with customer problems in the satellite offices, typically handing off any concerns to when you reach Iceland.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog