View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM

What's your age?

Your bio has all the familiar phrases we're all used to reading about here. The loss of lordosis seems to be the point at which decisions need to be made in terms of losing mobility. There does seem to be a point at which surgery needs to be seriously contemplated, and not just pain management, but in terms of bone-on-bone anatomy becoming more problematic than discogenic issues alone. How are the facets?

Also, since you have divergent opinions yourself, I wouldn't mind knowing about which doctors said what and who was more conservative versus aggressive. We're all probably talking to the same ones, but I'm open to hearing new names.

And finally, if you can, seeing an MRI. I'm not a doctor, but I'm getting better at seeing images. There is a difference between someone with literally no space between vertebrae and someone who has a little. I'm referring to disc vacuum syndrome where it then becomes imminent to make a decision sooner rather than later, if ADR is still preferable.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.