View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 09:58 AM

Thank you both of you!

Very good explanations. I do remember this happening in different times of my life. Most recently (aside from yesterday) was when I was in the hospital when I had the revision on my ACDF and at the same time hardware removal from my first PLIF. Was about 2 (?) years ago. I did pass out that time in the bathroom at the hospital - after I used the call button and had the whole floor in my bathroom in short order as it was about 2:30 am.

My blood pressure had been low all that evening but tok a dive to about 90/50 after that incident. They kept waking me up and having me drink water and assisting me in walking throughout the night.

What's interesting is that I don't remember anything at that time bringing it on. I do have a very high pain threshold so maybe there were pain receptors firing that I just didn't know about. I do remember itching horribly on my bum and legs all night long. Someone did say that's a pain response sometimes.

Anyway - I guess it's normal and nothing to worry about. I did tell them I thought I was going to pass out and they gave me oxygen and blew it on my face and tried to make me as comfortable as possible until it passed which seemed like an eternity.

Thanks again for your responses. I just hope this worked and will be my last time.
PLIF L5/S1 - hdwr removed when C6/7 revision
PLIF L4/5 & Dynesys L3/4 10/10/06. Looking forward to living again.