View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:54 AM

I think the group you are looking for is at: Disinissues@yahoogroups.com

This is a group that discusses both social security disability issues, workers compensation issues (this includes you), employment issues with regards to accommodation (this may be you) and employment issues with regards to discriminatory practices (this is definitely sounding like your current "position")and/or wrongful termination (this might be you but you can take steps to protect yourself).

I think at a minimum you want to speak to an employment attorney who represents employees and develop a legal approach/strategy to possibly being fired due to discriminatory practices, determining whether accommodations are available under existing employment law rules as applied to your employment situation and also a workers compensation attorney who can layout the "typical" scenario. The "fireworks" typically occur once the temporary workers compensation converts over to long term WC (this typically occurs between months 6 and 12). Also, certain companies who "insure" in this area just don't pay due to the manner in which the ERISA rules favor a wait-to-pay approach. The strategy here is to bleed you dry and then offer up some ridiculous amount to settle all claims.

So join this group and read and read. At times it will be like reading your own diary and at other times you'll think, "Nah, that's not my situation and then a little farther down the tracks and your situation will come into better focus..."

Employment law attorneys, workers compensation attorneys and even SSDI and SSI attorneys contribute and offer excellent advice on this site.

Good Luck!! You are way ahead of the game because you are aware of what is going on and you are still employed. Those are powerful tools!!!!

Once Again Good Luck!!!