View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM

NJWC:

It's difficult enough recovering from the kind of surgery you went through let alone having nonsense from your employer when you return. It's amazing how many employers are non-supportive of the human condition and expect workhorses. I hope you find someone that can assist you in this matter.

My board kicked me out of my business until I got my spine operated on. They were tired of me coming in to work in a stuck, monumental amount of pain with no end in site. They were very supportive and paid my salary 100% for four months in my absence. We had a disability policy that would have only covered me at 60% which I could not have lived with. They wanted me back in the condition they had come to expect in the 17 years that I have been here. I know it can go any way though for employees as I have about 35 working for me presently. I am always careful about how I treat them though as they are the cause of my success. Too many managers get big egos and think the company is all about them. One should never forget that team work conquers all and managers are nothing but a team member.

Good luck in getting your issue straightened around.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5