View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Thank you so much for all your comments, and advices.... I had an a MRI done 6 months ago showing according to doctor then a disc herniation L5 S1. Did therapy for 3 months or more with no success ( everytime I tried therapy my pain increased specially on right leg foot toes) Tried also the traction machine that made my pain horrible the first time and the other times didn't make any difference at all ... Had 2 epidurals the first one didn't help but made my pain worse the second one helped for 3 or 4 days so after this doctor told me that he thinks I need surgery ( he wasn't a surgeon but a non surgeon orthopedist).

Had a Electrodiagnostics taken showing no damage in any nerve but a normal electrodiagnostic study telling me in the conclusion to consider pain management... Went to see pain doctor non surgeon he put a 3rd epidural shot and a nerve block shot which was the most painful thing evers my pain increase from 1 to 10 to 20 I couldn't sleep because of the pain and he gave me Amrix and prescribed Hydrocone and told me he thinks I need surgery a Microdiscetomy ... Went to see a surgeon he told me I need a fusion $30,000 out of pocket ( I do no have insurance) or ADR which will be free because there is a new clinical trial between the Brand New Freedom Disc and Prodisc to see which disc is better ( trial will be for 2 group of patients you won't know which disc you will get) ...

Went to see another surgeon couldn't talk to him but talked to his PA he said I have a small disc herniation L5 S1 and I also have DDD and that I need an anterior fusion and doesn't recommend ADR at all ... The Anterior Fusion is very expensive $80,000 but they might be able to reduce price $20,000 or less because I have no insurance and right now Im not working ... What are your thoughts about this?

Paul did you get the ADR here in the USA? How was your surgery and recovery? Would you recommned Pro Disc ? Do you happen to know for how long Pro Disc will last?

Thanks so much for reading...

Arabella.