View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 AM

Default Thoracic spine surgery options?

Was curious if there is any literature/personal experience out there with spinal surgeries being done at the mid levels of the thoracic spine? The vast amount of data/information out there (naturally) appears related to either cervical or lumbar issues/procedures. Having done a bit of research for my other "issues", it would appear that the middle area of the spine moves the least, but is also the conduit/conductor of problems moving from one end of the spine to the other. In evaluting some of my current symptoms (which most likely go back quite a while and have been overlooked), I'd hazard a wager to say that there is some sort of damage up around the T7/8 level (though I have no studies to back up my hunch, yet). If this is the case, are there any palatable options? I'm gathering ADR would be a no-go, due to location/anatomy, but would some sort of fusion be a fallback? Are discectomies done in this area? Just curious, if worse comes to worse....

Thanks!
Alan
4/07:LBP + radiculopathy=severe L5-S1 herniation , 7/07:Micro-D, 08-09:Reherniation, 09-17: periodic residual symptoms (conservative modalities to maintain "stability" = prolotherapy, ESI/nerve blocks/facet injections, chiro, massage, phys ther), 7/17 pain in neck/right shoulder radiating into hand (no trauma involved), 7-10/17 Conservative treatment to date include physical therapy/dry-needling/facet-injections (C4/5 to C6/7). Researching surgical options should progression continue.