View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Zorrosf,

You are talking about two different issues. ADR is one, and the state of the healthcare industry is another. They are not related.

Heart attack victims and cancer patients deserve to be treated with everything the system can provide. Those are the people that should be complaining. Our ADR's, like it or not, are still experimental in this country. I do not agree with that classification of ADR but as a business person I understand. What would happen if 6 years from now, after authorizing 2 million ADR'S they find out it won't last more that 5 years? ADR is still considered an elective surgery. If you want fulll coverage, go with fusion. We do have options that are fully covered. We just think, myself included, that we know better than they do as to what is good for our bodies. I still talk to doctors now that have no idea what we might be in for if our ADR'S do not stand the test of time. We, the brave few, will provide them with the info they need.

I AGREE that our healthcare system needs revised. But don't think for one minute that if it becomes "NOT FOR PROFIT" that it will get better. God help us if we ever have government run healthcare.

Do you really believe for one minute that any hospital in this country would charge $72K to re-attach two finger tips when we had our stomachs, bowels, nerves, and everything else handle, manueuvered, moved and fixed perfectly (in my case at least) for $40K. (That included 72 hours in the hospital as well, I left after 28, didn't need 72).

I personally had Dr. Zigler, A Neurosurgeon, an anathesiologist (never could spell that word), a spnial cord monitor, several nurses, pain meds, a pre-op exam, blood tests, post-op visits, follow-up visits, food, rent, tv, etc., etc. for the cost of $40K. Can you compare that to two finger tips for $72K?

Precisely my point. Moore is an ultra-extremist and very anti-american. Why did the major networks pull his so-called documentary about the Bush connection to the 9/11 tragedy? Because it was based on no fact except for the ones he picks and chooses. He uses the few facts that support his cause and disregards the tons of facts that can dispute every single word that he says.

LBP, why did Oprah drop the story? Why did her "ENTERTAINMENT" attorney's make her drop the interview from her website, and all the "real" websites?

Answer: Because it is B...... !

All of you have done a great job of furthering the cause of ADR. Had it not been for this website and the core group of people who support it I would not be feeling as great as I do today. Regardless of this conversation I truely believe that we are all on the same page.

ADR and the health care system are two different issues. If our ADR's truely prove to be a better solution than fusion, which I believe to be true, at some point very soon it will become the standard for back surgery.

It's just a matter of time. Stay the current course. Let the "TRUE" advocates of the cause speak for us. (HARISON, ET.AL.)

Talk again soon I am sure...

Dave
Surgery 2/8/07 at TBI Prodisc L5/S1 with Dr. Zigler
Feeling Fantastic !!
2009 L3/L4 Finally Went.
6/2009 l3/l4 clean-up surgery, failed miserably
Surgery with Dr. Z again 1/28/2010, L3/4 and L4/5.
That will make 3 Prodisc's. Lumbar feels FANTASTIC!!!!
5/5/10, failed fromanotimy on c5/6.
6/9/10 C5/6 Prodisc replace with the man, Dr. Zigler.