View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Sorry about your fall. Please try not to be too worried until you know you have something to worry about. Also Clavel apparently has seen this many times, and may not get back to you too quickly, as usually it is nothing to worry about.

My story is that exactly 14 days from 3 level Clavel surgery, I fell backwards, cracked my head in a whiplash movement, passed out, blood everywhere, and ended up with 8 staples to close the wound on the back of my head. Like you, I was worried with an accident of this force so soon following surgery, esp since my terrible arm pain returned, would not go away after many weeks, was worse when I turned my head right, and I live alone. It certainly delayed my return to work.

However, long story short, MRIs, xrays , ct , nerve tests, the devices never moved, and I have low bone density. I did do serious facet damage at the levels above the M6s and tore my rotator cuff pretty good. So I still have pain from those two things even today. But M6s stayed right where they were placed (so far, anyway). Clavel, God bless him, was with me every step of the way, even though none of the issues related to his work. You should be fine. Don't let your mind trick you.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona