View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Thank you both Zenmunk and TPatti.

I can definitely see mechanical issues with either device. I'm hoping for the lesser of two evils (which I really believe is fusion in my case). I have spoke with Dr. Bierstedt (personally) and Dr. Bertagnoli about their chosen device. Both make a great argument toward the functionality in the spine. I am noting the load on the facet joints (prodisc) and will look into that as well. From what I understand "stenosis" and bone density play a significant factor in the success of implementation and longevity. I plan on addressing these issues by having a specific bone density test for the cervical spine and having a surgeon review the stenosis issue.

I came into this endeavor when I discovered ADR and the M6. Like you, Zenmunk, my husband is very concerned about the stability of the core. He fears that over the course of time, it will wear and break down. He liked the simplistic design of the ProDisc. As for me, I want my life back and it is true, anxiety if playing a big factor and I fear it could cloud my judgment.

TPatti - I am envious that you are there right now being fixed up. I wish you the best. I am a teacher as well and had to resort to substituting this year due to my physical condition and potential for absence. Since I'm not tenured in my district, I couldn't risk taking time off and losing my position so I'm doing the next best thing....financially it stinks (other choice of words but I'm suppose to be a role model for my kids). Thank you for responding during your recuperation time. I truly appreciate it.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6