View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Wink Keeping it civil, I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
A big AMEN to tconner and Harrison. Another bunch of folks that depend on making someone believe in their products working are the supplement pitchmen. The one that makes me change channels on TV is that smiling fool selling male enhancement. These people are worse than politicians. There are quite a few products that don't have to prove there efficacy to be pitched. Some of the health food stores are just as bad. Some vitamins can even be dangerous of taken in a large enough quantity. All of the fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E & K) can be dangerous of taken at high doses. Some of the others, like B-12, that some swear by, are actually peed out pretty much immediately.
Jack,

Thanks for the fat-soluble vitamin advice. It's especially true for vit. A, which can cause liver failure if taken in high doses. As the saying goes about the other vitamins, Americans have the most expensive urine in the world .

BTW, I really feel the need to emphasize here that my posts shouldn't be read with any defensive tone. I know they could seem that way, but they're not. I don't use smileys enough, I guess. I don't drink, so I can't use the "beer" one. This one's not right , and I'm certainly not . Hopefully no one will or , or think I'm , but you also don't have to .

That's more emotives than I've used in the whole year. Good night.

-tc-
PT, ESI, SI jt injections, 3-level nerve root inj. x 2
Massage, heat, ice, TENS, etc
L5-S1 Charite Jan. 19th, 2009, very happy w/decision
New back pain in upper back though.