View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 PM

Vlad,

There are currently some attempts for insurance reimbursement for surgical ADR intervention overseas. A few have been successful. Myself, I had submitted all of my information from my surgery with Dr. Bierstedt (operative reports, financials, etc.) to the global portion of my insurance (BC/BS-Illinois).

Although the Mobi-C has been approved for two-level in the U.S., is this the ADR device that Dr. Bertagnoli suggests for you? In my experience, his preference is usually with Pro-Disc (also approved in the US, but I believe there is a newer model - not sure if that one is approved).

Like most of us, we have had to prepay and hope for some type of reimbursement. You may want to contact your insurance carrier for submission requirements or predetermination of benefits.

This is one area that is still unchartered. The ADR is more reliable and logical than dealing with the insurance bureaucrats.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6