View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:43 AM

Glad you found this forum, but please do your homework. I think there's a cut-off with ADR for people over 60 according to Medi-Caid or such. There's a post about it here on the forum. You should be able to find it with a search. I could be wrong.

I'm also confused that if you have SI joint pain, then how do you/your doctor assume ADR at L4L5 will help that pain?

What is the success rate of ADR with your surgeon? How many years has he been performing this surgery and what tests does he perform to determine who is/isn't a good candidate? I was a good candidate according to my surgeon, but turns out he doesn't really test people. Instead he just looks at an MRI. That's not nearly enough to determine a good candidate.

I suggest being aggressive while pursing a excellent surgeon and ask him/her many questions before you make your decision. A fusion at your age won't really hinder you. An excellent physical therapist will make or break your surgery, regardless of what surgery you undergo.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6