View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Default New (returning after 6 years) to ADR!! S1-L5 Issues argh!

Hello all, I am a long time spinal / back pain (dare I say) sufferer. Sounds sort of victim (ish)

11 years ago I was in a horrific car accident in which I was hit at a very high rate of speed. I flipped end over end and then rolled side to side over and over. Not all that dramatic but that was what happened. I virtually walked away from it, no blood, not a scratch but have had SEVERE Back Pain and problems ever since that night.

Started with a discectomy, why o why did I do that....
So many injections that I cannot tell you...
Rhizo.
Nerve root blocks used to work. Laminectomy last September 2008

Still, L5-S1 pain pain pain.
It is right beneath my beltline, to BOTH sides of the spine.
If you were to press with your thumbs (in 'that' spot) It would drop me and I would be in bed for a day or two.

Every time I 'do' get back to work, it lasts about 6 mos. all for me to fall back out again in pain and disability to get back up and work normally. (Desk job)

I went to the doc, a new one....UGH not ANOTHER one,
and he suggested a medial branch block DIAG test.
It hurt SO DANG BAD where he pushed with his thumbs that I did not really get results because I was still CRYING from him pushing 30 LBS pressure after he injected.

After the Laminectomy, the EMG and the MRI really show no new problems. The MRI states some scar tissue and some artho but nothing as serious as BEFORE that surgery
The EMG states everything is normal, uhm, ok -
But last EMG was terrible. Can the Laminectomy resolve that issue? Hmmmm

I AM HAPPY TO BE HERE!
I have been here before and Love love love learning more and I have found that by being 'with' you all, We teach each other
Thanks for allowing me to be here and see you around!

Last edited by Harrison; 02-24-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Edited font size and color