View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM

msrudy - jkde - sissyjoc - dustman,

As someone that has had a miraculous recovery after a double cervical ADR, it sincerely pains me greatly when I see someone else (all of you) either receive no benefit, or even get worse after ADR surgery. You have my sincere condolences.

I truly don't know what the best action is for you, but from all I've seen and read in my decade long saga of cervical suffering, and the two years since my apparent cure with the M6 at the hands of Dr Clavel, I can tell you what I would do if I found myself suffering after a ProDisc ADR surgery. BTW:I swear that I'm not on Dr Zigler's payroll. I would travel to see the world's leading expert on ProDisc implantation and get his opinion; that is Dr Zigler at TBI in Plano, TX.

Here's why I would do that.

While we constantly hear of the continued problems that ProDisc recipients have, I have yet to hear such complaints from one of Dr Zigler's patients. I don't doubt that he has had bad outcomes, but they are sufficiently few and far between that we don't see them posted on these forums. (at least I haven't) I know that he see's other surgeon's ProDisc patients after bad outcomes as they've posted their experience here.

Dr Zigler is world renowned in both spinal surgery and ADR research (so he's esteemed by his peers). We never read ill words of him by his patients. (so he is well liked by is patients) We never read bad outcomes from his surgery. (so he is a preeminent surgeon) He is financially tied to Synthes, the maker of the ProDisc. (so he is financially motivated to see that his patients, and botched ProDisc patients of other surgeons have good outcomes)

In your shoes, that's what I would do and why I would do it.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011