View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Hi everyone,

Cindy here. Well, no news is good news I guess. My husband gave his boss the folder I had compiled all weekend for his review, and he said he wanted a couple of days to read the information, with the assistance of HR dept. head. He commented he was very interested in learning more and appreciated my organized data. (per my husband) I am trying to remain hopeful. I am choosing to believe I have some momentum working in my favor. The HR lady asked for the name and contact # of my assigned case manager thru HealthPartners (I had requested a case manager weeks ago to help advocate for me). My husband left for New York so he and the boss and HR have one final meeting on Thursday morning for review. I haven't received that package yet Harrison, that you recommended, on Long-Term Results of Lumbar Arthroplasty-Roundtables in Spine Surgery. Maybe if that shows up, I can drop it off at the company, for more information his boss can peruse. My stomach has been in knots all day. I feel like I am groveling for this surgery. I am groveling for it. update: QMP just called and are just now processing my order for that article, but I told them to go ahead and send it. Maybe I can get it in his boss's hands tomorrow afternoon. Does this still sound hopeful you guys? I need some confirmation that I still have a shot getting this covered. Hope I'm not deceiving myself. I'm just very anxious for an answer, one way or another. Sorry I'm blabbering.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!