View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 AM

Due to the expense, I would prefer to have the surgery here, but from what I have read, very few doctors have the had the experience to do it. I have had a few willing to do it (and even reduced "their" cost to fit my out of pocket budget), but found the hospitals to be an enigma when it comes to their charges, and all of the other entities involved. I was under the impression that cervical ADR's for multi-level were NOT approved by the FDA, especially if they are adjacent to a fusion. Did something change that I wasn't aware of? Also, after researching some of the devices, I read about class action lawsuits for failure. My insurance is BCBS. Although I am a teacher - I have been substituting for the past six years - I don't have ANY benefits. I have been working on a full-time position, but want to be "fixed" first. Can you give me any contacts here in the US to redirect my inquiry?
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6