View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 AM

Matt - hello! My husband just got wheeled into surgery w/ Dr. Bertagnoli. He is being operated on as I type this. We had to go through CC Curasan for payment as well. Our bank charged an outrageous fee, so we sought out a transfer agent which did the transfer at considerably less fee. Try transfermate.com. We worked with Craig Feldman, he is based in Chicago. We had a little snafu with the payment being posted at CC Curasan, because the reference on the payment was generic, and didn't state my husband's name specifically. A few tense hours, but we figured it out, and all is well. We have heard nothing but great things about Bertagnoli, we met with him in his office 2 days ago to discuss the surgery, and now I sit here waiting for my husband to be out of surgery! We stayed at Hotel Theresientor the night before we checked into the hospital, and we will go there after we leave for about 7 days. In all, our trip will be 16 days, which Dr.B's office said would be fine.

Also, Dr. B's office works with a driver, Peter Hoch who will pick you up from the airport, and bring you to appointments, and drop you back off at the airport. He takes care of carting all the luggage, so no worries there. I have not posted much on this site in the past, but I sure have done a lot of reading out here, leading up to the surgery, now I am hoping to return the favor. Good luck!